Change happens because of people like you. Join our people-powered movement for justice, equity and freedom!
No matter your level of experience, there is an opportunity for everyone to get involved:
- Sign up for our general volunteer e-mail list to receive information about upcoming trainings, virtual events, and opportunities to take action.
- We need your help to engage voters in what may be the most consequential election of our lifetimes! Sign up here for election-specific volunteer opportunities.
- Apply to join your local chapter. Chapters are the grassroots eyes and ears of the ACLU. They host events to build community and partnerships and work with staff on local advocacy issues.
- We also need regular administrative support to help with data entry, mailing materials, and online research. Contact Claire Machado at email@example.com to see if this is the right fit for you.
There are many exciting measures on the ballot this November. Click on the links below to support those campaigns directly:
- Yes on Proposition 15 - The Schools and Communities First Act will reclaim billions every year to invest in our schools and local communities by closing property tax loopholes benefiting wealthy corporations. Homeowners, renters, small businesses, and agricultural land are exempt and will continue to be protected by Prop 13.
- Yes on Proposition 16 - End the ban on affirmative action in California by allowing governmental institutions to consider race, gender, or ethnicity in public employment, leveling the playing field for all Californians.
- Yes on Proposition 17 - Free the Vote! Proposition 17 will amend the California Constitution to restore the right to vote to Californians who have completed their prison term and are otherwise working, paying taxes, and participating in society.
- No on Proposition 20 - Proposition 20 is a dangerous ballot measure that will roll back a decade of effective criminal justice reforms and waste tens of millions of taxpayer dollars on new, unnecessary prisons.