Emerging Leaders Institute
The Emerging Leaders Institute is a five-month organizing training program for young leaders, approximately between the ages of 18-25, who are interested in learning the fundamental tenants of organizing and exploring a career or personal path as an Organizer.
During the program, participants will:
- Learn organizing fundamentals, such as having a one-on-one, power mapping, building a coalition, planning an event, holding a lobby visit, and implementing a campaign strategy
- Work on a capstone project related to an important social justice issue in their school/community
- Develop an anti-oppression and racial justice framework for organizing and social change work
- Build community with other young people in their county and expand their network of organizers and activists
- Understand how to integrate a self-care and wellness plan with their activism
- Connect with the staff of ACLU NorCal and other advocacy organizations to learn about different career paths
The Emerging Leaders Institute is geared specifically for folks from these counties:
- Contra Costa
- San Joaquin
Read more about this year’s participants below. For questions about future application cycles, please contact Amanda Young at email@example.com.