Stop Health Care Denials by Religious Hospitals
St. Joseph, a Catholic hospital system that discriminates against LGBTQ people and denies reproductive health care based on religious doctrine, is planning to merge with Adventist Health, another large health entity. This merger would create an even more restrictive system that could further block patients’ access to care in Northern California, and have impacts statewide.
Attorney General Xavier Becerra is seeking public input, and needs to hear from every concerned Californian. Over the next two weeks, there will be meetings in the six counties most impacted by the merger: Humboldt, Lake, Sonoma, Solano, Mendocino, and Napa. Come give public comment and urge the Attorney General to protect the health of all Californians!
Sign up to attend a meeting:
- Humboldt County: In Eureka on Wednesday, June 26 at 10:00 a.m. »
- Lake County: In Clearlake on Thursday, June 27 at 10:00 a.m. »
- Sonoma County: In Santa Rosa on Friday, June 28 at 12:00 p.m. »
- Solano County: In Vallejo on Monday, July 1 at 10:00 a.m. »
- Mendocino County: In Willits on Tuesday, July 2 at 10:00 a.m. »
- Napa County: In Calistoga on Wednesday, July 3 at 10:00 a.m. »